- We believe the Bible to be inspired, to be infallible, and to be the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only such as are born of the Holy Spirit are saved from their sins.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict men, and to indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost-of the saved, to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the lost, to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
World and Life View in the Classrom: 25 distinctives of the Church of Christian Liberty
Academic Freedom is often misunderstood – it is freedom for an institution to proclaim its belief, not for instructors to teach what they want. With this in mind, Christian Liberty Academy does not emphasize distinctives that differ from those of the Church of Christian Liberty. Built upon the agreement that Salvation is by grace through faith alone, the infallibility of God’s Word the Bible, and its applicability to all areas of life, the Church of Christian Liberty unashamedly holds to the following 25 distinctives of a Christian World and Life view and would not want any of them contradicted in its classrooms. We would like to see them promoted.
- All that one does is to be to the Glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father and salvation only comes as God through His Holy Spirit graciously regenerates an unworthy sinner and gives him faith to put his trust in the finished work of Christ at Calvary.
- All earthly authority is delegated from God. He has established parents, pastors, and civil magistrates and given to each of them limited authority. They are to be respected and obeyed as they act within their area of God-delegated authority.
- Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman.
- Sexual Activity is to be confined to marriage. (Homosexuality, adultery, and fornication are sin.)
- Abortion is murder. Human embryos are children.
- All children are born sinners and in need of Christ. We don’t believe in the basic goodness of man - nor in presumptive regeneration.
- God has given parents the authority to educate their children. They hire us to assist them.
- The state is not given a role in education. (It does not take a village.)
- Self-defense is a God-given right. The second amendment of the United States Constitution defends (protects) this right of the individual to keep and carry guns.
- All of life is sacred and not to be viewed as divided into sacred and secular areas. Full time Christian Service is for all believers.
- Academic excellence is promoted and hard work rewarded. Slovenly work is not to be praised.
- Socialism is theft and thus sin.
- The term “Christian-socialism” is an oxymoron.
- Not doing the job one is paid to do is theft.
- God’s law, the Ten Commandments has three basic functions:
- To direct unbelievers to Christ.
- Instruct believers how to live.
- The basis for all laws God’s ministers should enforce.
- The state is given the authority to punish evil doers as well as maintain order. (Not welfare, education, agriculture, etc.)
- The death penalty is a Biblically appropriate penalty for murder, rape, kidnapping, etc.
- When there is a conflict between man’s law and God’s law – God is to be obeyed.
- We believe that God created the universe in 6 – 24 hour days less than 10,000 years ago.
- God created a literal Adam & Eve whose sin brought death. (Christ the 2nd Adam brings life).
- We believe that proper U.S. History should emphasize the godly role of the pilgrims and the Puritans and the great influence of scripture on the colonial days through the founding of the Republic and its subsequent growth.
- The Republic grew and prospered because of the blessing of Almighty God.
- We are experiencing a great downturn because we as a people are turning from the God of the Bible.
- We believe that God blesses the efforts of a Faithful Few and pray that this World and Life view will impact the students He has given us.