Christian Liberty Academy does not require or encourage a uniform dress; however students should not be dressed conspicuously. Scripture does encourage us to dress modestly and in a way that reflects our commitment to the Word of God.
It is important to point out that some of our dress code is not based on any particular moral principle, but it is advantageous in maintaining a professional environment of learning and serving the Lord.
Due to frequent dress code violations, there will now be a $5.00 fine and students will be required to change into designated CLA clothing.
Dress code revisions August 2012:
- No blue jeans - Blue Jean Fridays no longer exist
- Girls may wear skirts or slacks
- Skirts and dresses must be at least knee length
- Shirts must have sleeves (No tank tops allowed)
For All Students
- No exposed skin / underwear at the waist line.
- No flip/flops. (October - April)
- No T-shirts or sweatshirts unless they are CLA apparel.
- No one may wear hats during the school day.
- No blue jeans, shorts or sweatpants.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
- No writing or pictures on any shirts; this includes name brands. Small logos (i.e. the size of a quarter) are acceptable.
- Visible body piercings and tattoos are prohibited on campus.
- No excessively tight clothing allowed.
- Boys' shirts must be tucked in if it is not square.
- Boys must wear collared shirts. Thermal underwear and long-sleeved T-shirts are NOT allowed. Students may wear T-shirts with CLA Logos or related to CLA activities.
- Boys' shirts (if untucked) must overlap their pants by no more than six inches.
- Boys' pants must be worn at their waist.
- Boys may not wear earrings.
- Hair must not be long enough to extend over the ears or shirt collar and must not be conspicuous.
- Girls' bra straps and backs must be covered.
- Low and revealing necklines are prohibited.
- Girls may wear earrings.
- Girls may wear slacks, skirts, or dresses.
- Skirts and dresses should at least touch the knee. Slits should not be above the knee.
- Leggings may be worn under skirts or dresses.
Please remember you are representing CLA at all extracurricular events as well. We expect you to behave in a Christian manner and maintain a respectable dress code at CLA sporting venues, SLAM events, and at all other times you will be recognized as CLA students. we pray that you would maintain this godly representation in the rest of your life as well.