II Timothy 2:15: "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
Christian Liberty Academy does not present a permissive academic program. This means that you, the student, will have to study and regulate your time in order to be a success in your academic program. God’s will for you at this period of your life is the mastery of your school subjects. You should give yourself as earnestly to your studies as you will later to your life’s work. Studies form the most important part of your school training. Good study habits begin with a proper attitude of the heart in receiving studies "as from God" and doing these "as unto the Lord."
- Schedule a regular time for study, and start promptly. Study in a quiet place where you can settle yourself to do your work.
- Get organized. Collect all of the materials you will need and set aside all distractions which take your attention.
- Commit your study time to God in prayer before beginning your work. You are His child and you are studying to honor Him. He has given you the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth. Place this time and yourself in His hands.
- Budget your time to cover all your studies.
- Think, for study requires exercising of your mind. Concentrate on the work at hand and refuse to entertain irrelevant thoughts.
- Cultivate the dictionary habit, broadening your vocabulary.
- Be curious. Do independent research and study on topics which are related to your class assignment.
- Do your own work. Do not ask for help unless you are absolutely sure that you are unable to do your assigned work.
- Aim for excellence, not mediocrity. Be dissatisfied with any effort which falls short of your God-given ability.
- Work hard so God can say to you, "Well done." Be a good workman who does not need to be ashamed when God examines your work. Know what His Word says and then do it.